The department of Community Services came into existence due to the amalgamation of the following components:
2. Housing Section
3. Environmental and Waste Management
The key performance areas of this department include interalia.
1. Land and Housing : Support and co-ordinate adequate access to land and housing.
2. Overhead management of community and health related matters in accordance with the applicable policies and legislation.
3. Identification of applicable development needs in the community.
4. Responsible for the overhead responsibility of budgetary control of various sections.
5. Intergration of service delivery with Council’s Intergrated Development Plan.
The infra functions are performed by the various sections:
1. Traffic services
. Traffic control, registration of motor vehicles, fire fighting, traffic fines, warrants, learners drivers licenses, law enforcement, road safety and traffic signs.
Handle waiting lists, housing subsidies, transfer of houses, handle housing enquiries.
3. Environment and Waste Management
Administration of pound, application of bylaws, recycling project, indigent funerals, application of policy with regard to street hawkers.